List of journal articles using the open data
Much of the data collected through this website is made publicly available. No personally identifing information is collected so the data can not be used to profile individuals, but in aggregate can be used for psychological research. The data has been used as the basis of many different published papers. This page lists the best ones sorted by year. If you know of any more to add, please send an email!
This list does not include papers that have used the actual interactive tests on the website in their own data collection (this is discoraged), papers not yet published in a journal, or papers that cite this website for other reasons.
- Liu, Dungang, et al. "Assessing partial association between ordinal variables: quantification, visualization, and hypothesis testing." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2020): 1-35.
- Yuan, Ke-Hai, and Fang Liu. "Which method is more reliable in performing model modification: lasso regularization or lagrange multiplier test?." Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal (2020): 1-13.
- Goretzko, David, and Markus Bühner. "One model to rule them all? Using machine learning algorithms to determine the number of factors in exploratory factor analysis." Psychological Methods (2020).
- Jin, Shaobo, and Björn Andersson. "A note on the accuracy of adaptive Gauss–Hermite quadrature." Biometrika (2020).
- Chen, Yinyin, Steven Culpepper, and Feng Liang. "A Sparse Latent Class Model for Cognitive Diagnosis." Psychometrika (2020): 1-33.
- Jeon, Minjeong, and Paul De Boeck. "Evaluation on types of invariance in studying extreme response bias with an IRTree approach." British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology (2019).
- Jacobucci, Ross, Andreas M. Brandmaier, and Rogier A. Kievit. "A practical guide to variable selection in structural equation modeling by using regularized multiple-indicators, multiple-causes models." Advances in methods and practices in psychological science 2.1 (2019): 55-76.
- Schneider, Lennart, et al. "Model Selection of Nested and Non-Nested Item Response Models using Vuong Tests." Multivariate behavioral research (2019): 1-21.
- van Tilburg, Wijnand AP. "It's not unusual to be unusual (or: A different take on multivariate distributions of personality)." Personality and Individual Differences 139 (2019): 175-180.
- De Roover, Kim, and Jeroen K. Vermunt. "On the exploratory road to unraveling factor loading non-invariance: A new multigroup rotation approach." Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal (2019): 1-19.
- Kaiser, Tim, Marco Del Giudice, and Tom Booth. "Global sex differences in personality: Replication with an open online dataset." Journal of personality (2019).
- Montgomery, Jacob M., and Erin L. Rossiter. "So many questions, so little time: Integrating adaptive inventories into public opinion research." Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology (2019).
- Persson, Björn N., Petri J. Kajonius, and Danilo Garcia. "Revisiting the structure of the Short Dark Triad." Assessment 26.1 (2019): 3-16.
- Gonzalez, Oscar, et al. "A Psychometric Evaluation of the Short Grit Scale." European Journal of Psychological Assessment (2019).
- Cohn, Sophie, and Anne Corinne Huggins-Manley. "Applying Unidimensional Models for Semiordered Data to Scale Data With Neutral Responses." Educational and Psychological Measurement (2019): 0013164419861143.
- Counsell, Alyssa, Robert A. Cribbie, and David B. Flora. "Evaluating Equivalence Testing Methods for Measurement Invariance." Multivariate behavioral research (2019): 1-17.
- Li, Johnson. "Probability-of-superiority SEM (PS-SEM)—detecting probability-based multivariate relationships in behavioral research." Frontiers in psychology 9 (2018): 883.
- García-Pérez, Miguel A. "Order-Constrained Estimation of Nominal Response Model Parameters to Assess the Empirical Order of Categories." Educational and Psychological Measurement 78.5 (2018): 826-856.
- Monaghan, Conal, Boris Bizumic, and Martin Sellbom. "Nomological network of two-dimensional Machiavellianism." Personality and Individual Differences 130 (2018): 161-173.
- Bendermacher, Nol. "An unbiased estimator of the greatest lower bound." Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods 16.1 (2017): 36.
- LaHuis, David M., et al. "Measuring traitedness with person reliabilities parameters." Personality and Individual Differences 109 (2017): 111-116.
- Rosenström, Tom, and Markus Jokela. "A parsimonious explanation of the resilient, undercontrolled, and overcontrolled personality types." European Journal of Personality 31.6 (2017): 658-668.
- Garcia, Danilo, and Shane MacDonald. "Dark personality profiles: estimating the cluster structure of the dark triad." PsyCh journal 6.3 (2017): 239-240.
- Deng, Lifang, and Wai Chan. "Testing the difference between reliability coefficients alpha and omega." Educational and psychological measurement 77.2 (2017): 185-203.
- Helwig, Nathaniel E., and Mark R. Ruprecht. "Age, gender, and self-esteem: A sociocultural look through a nonparametric lens." Archives of Scientific Psychology 5.1 (2017): 19.
- Fordellone, Mario, and Francesco Palumbo. "Finding Prototypes Through a Two-Step Fuzzy Approach." Data Science. Springer, Cham, 2017. 111-121.
- Foster, Joshua D., Levi K. Shiverdecker, and Imani N. Turner. "What does the narcissistic personality inventory measure across the total score continuum?." Current Psychology 35.2 (2016): 207-219.
- Yu, Chong Ho, and Min An. "Data Visualization Item-Total Correlation by Median Smoothing." Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation 21 (2016).
- Reise, Steven P., et al. "Is the bifactor model a better model or is it just better at modeling implausible responses? Application of iteratively reweighted least squares to the Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale." Multivariate Behavioral Research 51.6 (2016): 818-838.
- Hirschfeld, Gerrit, and Ruth Von Brachel. "Multiple-Group confirmatory factor analysis in R-A tutorial in measurement invariance with continuous and ordinal indicators." Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation 19.7 (2014).
- Hirschfeld, Gerrit, Ruth von Brachel, and Meinald Thielsch. "Selecting items for Big Five questionnaires: At what sample size do factor loadings stabilize?." Journal of Research in Personality 53 (2014): 54-63.
- Ver Steeg, Greg, and Aram Galstyan. "Discovering structure in high-dimensional data through correlation explanation." Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems. 2014.
- Baglin, James. "Improving your exploratory factor analysis for ordinal data: A demonstration using FACTOR." Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation 19.5 (2014): 2.